Choosing a Python IDE. what is your Pythonish recommendation? I do not know what to choose.

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Jan 4 17:15:03 EST 2017

On Montag, 2. Januar 2017 03:38:53 Antonio Caminero Garcia wrote:
> Hello, I am having a hard time deciding what IDE or IDE-like code editor
> should I use. This can be overwhelming.
>
> So far, I have used Vim, Sublime, Atom, Eclipse with PyDev, Pycharm,
> IntelliJ with Python plugin.

Well, since nobody mentioned it, yet: eric is doing quite nice here.
With on the fly error checking, jedi and qscintilla calltips and
autocompletion, git integration (using a plugin), graphical debugger, it's
grown to a capable IDE over the years.

Given, it's a fully open source, PyQt based project, it also shows the powers
of Python3 and PyQt.

Pete