Hey, I'm new to python so don't judge.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Jan 3 21:25:34 EST 2017

On Wednesday 04 January 2017 12:25, Callum Robinson wrote:

> Hey man thanks, the sad thing is i have no idea why i put that in. I must be
> having a terrible day.

Don't worry about it. The difference between a beginner and an expert is *not*
that experts make fewer mistakes, but that experts know how to fix those
mistakes so quickly that they don't even notice them.

I know people who are seemingly incapable of typing more than three words in
the row without two typos, but they manage to be excellent programmers. They'll
typo some code:

    comptuer_number = number.radnint(1, 100)

try to run it, realise their mistake and fix it:

    comptuer_number = random.radnint(1, 100)

then run it again and realise there is at least one more mistake, and fix it:

    comptuer_number = random.randint(1, 100)

and then a third time:

    computer_number = random.randint(1, 100)

while a beginner is still puzzling over their first mistake. Don't stress about
it, it is all just part of the learning process. All code starts off full of
bugs.

--
Steven
"Ever since I learned about confirmation bias, I've been seeing it everywhere."