Clickable hyperlinks

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:36:00 EST 2017

On 4 January 2017 at 11:50, Deborah Swanson <python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:
> Erik wrote, on January 03, 2017 3:30 PM
>>
>> When you start a new topic on the list, could you please write a new
>> message rather than replying to an existing message and changing the
>> title/subject?
>>
> Certainly. I've been on many other lists before (but none since about
> 2011), and no one complained of or even mentioned this problem. But if
> it's a problem with some email readers now, I can easily just start a
> new message.  Just being lazy and following old habits, I guess. ;)

To be clear, the problem is not "with some email readers".

The problem is that it breaks the thread management features that are built
into every email message, making it impossible to display threads correctly.

As can be seen here for example:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2017-January/thread.html

Note how most threads start in the leftmost column and replies are indented.
But this does not occur where you began the new subject: "Clickable
hyperlinks".

Thanks.