Clickable hyperlinks

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 3 07:17:52 EST 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 20:46:31 -0800, "Deborah Swanson"
<python at deborahswanson.net> declaimed the following:

>I didn't try printing them before, but I just did. Got:

>SyntaxError: invalid syntax  (arrow pointing at the colon)

        As I mentioned to someone else earlier...

        Count your parentheses... You need a ) for each (

AND you need " (or ') around the strings.

        As you entered it, you have invoked a print operation, passing it:

A list containing a reference to a (undefined) variable "Example", and then you
attempt call that list as a function passing it some unrecognized keyword
"http" with a colon that Python normally uses indicate the start of a code
block; said block being "//www.example.com".

Try

print("[Example](http://www.example.com)")

    wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/