Hey, I'm new to python so don't judge.

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 3 05:15:02 EST 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:27:33 -0800 (PST), Callum Robinson
<cr2001 at hotmail.co.nz> declaimed the following:

>On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 1:17:11 PM UTC+13, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Erik <python at lucidity.plus.com> wrote:
>> > I doubt it's getting that far (I can see at least one syntax error in the
>> > code pasted).
>>
>> True true. In any case, the point is to copy and paste the error
>> message. Callum, please, copy and paste it.
>>
>> ChrisA
>
>I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong but all that is happening is when i try
to run it a popup says Invalid syntax

        And that statement tells us you are trying to run from within some
IDE/editor which is trapping Python exceptions and producing a dialog box
for them.

        Instead, save your script (if you haven't yet) as a file (whatever.py).

        Open a command line interpreter/shell.

        Navigate (cd ...) to where you saved the file

        Type "python whatever.py"

        Copy and paste the results of the CLI/Shell window.
    wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/