Exposing all methods of a class

Pete Dowdell contact at stridebird.com
Sun Feb 26 15:15:43 EST 2017

I use Python, mainly with Django, for work. I was wondering if anyone
has encountered an editor that could display a class with all inherited
methods included in the editor's view of the class code. I am kind of
envisaging the inherited code would be displayed differently (say, grey
vs black), and labelled with the name of the parent class so that it
would provide a one-stop view of the entire class structure.

I edit using vim, and use ctags to explore up the inheritance chain
which is useful enough, but I feel it should be quite possible for the
editor to search through the imports and grab the parent classes to
insert into the editor view. Any suggestions? Maybe there are better
ways of navigating inheritance but it does seem logical to expose the
whole class code in one place, suitably annotated. I feel a plugin
coming on.

Ta, Pete