Python application launcher (for Python code)

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Sat Feb 25 01:26:15 EST 2017

Gregory Ewing wrote, on February 24, 2017 9:09 PM

> Deborah Swanson wrote:
> > Well, they won't kill mine, not if I have my VPN on while I'm using
> > it.
>
> How will a VPN help? If it needs to phone home and perform a
> secret handshake before it will run, and they turn off the
> secret handshake server, you're hosed.
>
> --
> Greg

Well rats. Skull duggery on the net is a lot more sophisticated than
when I saw it last (15 years ago). Getting up to speed with it is on my
list, but quite aways down.  Best strategy is to only plan on using it a
few times and then uninstall. Maybe restore that install from a drive
backup if I need it again, then overwrite with an up to date backup.

There's only one C library I want to rewrite parts of in Python, and if
I get it right the first time I probably won't have need of Visual
Studio again. I really just want to see the execution path through a
very weirdly constructed sub path in the C Library. Once I have that I
can get the rest from the code.