Python application launcher (for Python code)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 01:04:24 EST 2017

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Gregory Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Deborah Swanson wrote:
>>
>> Well, they won't kill mine, not if I have my VPN on while I'm using it.
>

> How will a VPN help? If it needs to phone home and perform a
> secret handshake before it will run, and they turn off the secret
> handshake server, you're hosed.

It'll help because you'll know that that's what's going on (because
blocking it from phoning home will insta-kill the program). If
blocking it DOESN'T stop it from running, you know you're safe.

A useful trick for verifying what you already strongly suspect.

ChrisA