Error installing python on Windows

mm0fmf none at invalid.com
Fri Feb 24 13:31:03 EST 2017

On 24/02/2017 18:12, Irmen de Jong wrote:
> On 24-2-2017 12:18, Michelle Tan wrote:
>> Hello all
>>
>> I am new to python.
>>
>> Trying to install Python and encountered this error message : "The program
>> can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your
>> computer."
>>
>> Tried to repair and reinstall Python however i may have missed out some
>> installation. What should I do to resolve this issue?  Thanks for your
>> help!
>>

> Make sure your windows is up to date! That dll should be installed as part of one of the
> regular windows updates. Google may be able to tell you the specific KB number of the
> particular update.
>

> Irmen

It always surprises me that people don't seem to cut & paste the error
message into a search engine (such as Google) to see if it's a common issue.

https://www.google.ch/search?q=api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll+is+missing

That search returns a variety of pages explaining what the error is and
how to fix it and took me under 15secs to get plenty of help. That is
always going to be quicker than a newsgroup.

I'd always search for initial help on error messages etc. on a search
engine and come to places like this to discuss the problem in depth and
detail if there was no help or I didn't understand what the answers meant.

KB2999226 is the update that is missing.