Python application launcher (for Python code)

Cholo Lennon chololennon at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:58:24 EST 2017

On 02/20/2017 07:56 PM, Deborah Swanson wrote:
> Basically, I now have quite a few Python programs I use frequently, and
> as time goes on my collection and uses of it will grow. Right now I just
> want a way to select which one I'd like to run and run it. I'd like it
> to be a standalone application and some sort of system of categories
> would be nice.

Well, there are a lot of possibilities (the amount of responses shows
that), but in this situation I'd simply create a Windows shortcut for
every python script. Later, shortcuts can be put in a folder (or in
start menu folder)

If the script has no screen input/output I'd edit the shortcut and
prefix the script pathname with pythonw.exe (to avoid the empty
console). Also I'd add the python path if it is not in the user/system
PATH or if you have multiple python installations)

Regards

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.