Python application launcher (for Python code)

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Tue Feb 21 10:16:48 EST 2017

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote, on February 21, 2017 4:19 AM

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:16:14 -0800, "Deborah Swanson"
> <python at deborahswanson.net> declaimed the following:
>

> >Yes, I've used Powershell, a couple decades ago, but it would be a
>
> 	Uhm... PowerShell 1.0 only came out ONE decade ago...
>
> 	Be afraid -- PowerShell has supposedly gone open-source
> with versions for OS-X and Ubuntu!
> --
> 	Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
>     wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Really?  We used software called Powershell a couple decades ago in the
90s, as an improvement on the DOS box. I didn't like it much and I was
going through software like candy those days. Maybe that version
disappeared. It may have re-emerged in an improved form a decade later.

My health collapsed in 2003, and I was not using any unfamiliar software
until a couple years ago, so I guess I've never used something called
Powershell that appeared a decade ago.