Python application launcher (for Python code)

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Mon Feb 20 12:04:42 EST 2017

Grant Edwards wrote, on February 20, 2017 7:37 AM

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash_%28Unix_shell%29
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_shell
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KornShell
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_shell
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almquist_shell

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I was making
donuts

That's a good idea, you can do just about anything from a shell, and I
read that Linus Torvalds never uses anything except the shell. I should
have also said that right now I'm only working in Windows XP on a really
old crappy PC, although I had Linux on my good PC and hope to have it
back again soon. (Long story, but I'm a very sick person with limited
time and physical energy to get real work done each day.) So when my
good PC died I had to choose whether to learn Python or to invest a lot
of time getting getting machines flying right. Guess which I choose?  ;)

Since I will be in Windows for yet awhile, it would be ideal to find an
application that will work in both Windows and Linux, and maybe a shell
installed in Windows is the way to go. But even within the shell I'd
want something to act as a Python application launcher (see my previous
post for details), although using just the shell itself to locate and
launch Python code is an option.

Thanks for the links! I'll likely be installing a shell one way or
another to do this, so I'm sure these will come in handy.

Deborah