Create ordering of points

spiess.benjamin at googlemail.com spiess.benjamin at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:27:03 EST 2017

Hello !:)
I've got a problem which I would really like to solve.
I got a cloud of points (in the simplest example its a 2-dimensional cloud of points).
First, I want to set one of the points as the initial (or middle) point. Starting from there, the next points with the closest distance to the initial points are to be found. Afterwards, the closest points to these points are to be written out. These points shall be connected like it is depicted in this figure http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170215/b835zixm.jpg

With this approach, the "fastest" path from every point to the defined initial point are specified by this pattern.

Does somebody know a good technique for this problem? or can even give a hint to a existing python procedure?
I would be really grateful!

Regards
Benny