Strategies when hunting for dictionary corruption

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Tue Feb 7 08:50:54 EST 2017

On 06/02/17 12:56, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Is there a better way to approach this problem? (I also
> have valgrind at my disposal, but am not very skilled in its use.)

valgrind is what I was going to suggest. You have to compile Python with
extra flags to get it to integrate well with valgrind though, because of
its custom allocators (if you're just trying to run it now and are
confused by the results, that might be why).

valgrind (or rather, valgrind's "memcheck" module) has command line
flags for giving deeper information than the default, but at the expense
of tracking more and slowing things down.

E.