best way to ensure './' is at beginning of sys.path?

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 10:19:38 EST 2017

On Sat, 04 Feb 2017 11:27:01 +0200, Jussi Piitulainen wrote:

> Wildman writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> If anyone is interested the correct way is to add this to
>> /etc/profile (at the bottom):
>>
>> PATH=$PATH:./
>> export PATH
>
> Out of interest, can you think of a corresponding way that a mere user
> can remove the dot from their $PATH after some presumably well-meaning
> system administrator has put it there?
>
> Is there any simple shell command for it? One that works whether the dot
> is at the start, in the middle, or at the end, and with or without the
> slash, and whether it's there more than once or not at all.
>
> And I'd like it to be as short and simple as PATH="$PATH:.", please.

No, I do not know.  You might try your question in
a linux specific group.  Personally I don't understand
the danger in having the dot in the path.  The './'
only means the current directory.  DOS and Windows
has searched the current directory since their
beginning.  Is that also dangerous?

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!