How to know what to install (Ubuntu/Debian) for a given import?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Feb 2 04:25:06 EST 2017

Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/01/2017 02:29 PM, Chris Green wrote:
> > OK, thank you, what a strange way to do it.
>
> Why is it strange?  Essentially, python bindings for any GObject-based
> library are now fully automatic via this gi module.  No longer do we

Which is thus different from every other python library!  So we have
to somehow 'know' that the components of GObject are imported by this
special mechanism.  Everything else works the old/normal way.

> > OK, no problem, but isn't it very non-portable?
>
> Not inherently, no.  Should work on OS X and Windows.

OK, good, I thought from the original reply that it was Ubuntu
specific, but it's not.

--
Chris Green
·