command line micro wiki written in Python

paul.wolf at yewleaf.com paul.wolf at yewleaf.com
Thu Feb 2 03:50:33 EST 2017

On Tuesday, 31 January 2017 23:39:41 UTC, Ben Finney  wrote:

> The Python community has a stronger (?) preference for reStructuredText
> format. Can that be the default?
>
> That is, I want my text files to be named ‘foo’ (no suffix) or ‘foo.txt’
> (because they're primarily text), and have the default be to parse them
> as reStructuredText.

Good point. It should at least be possible to provide an arbitrary default so you can have rst as default for new files. And perhaps as you say also start with rst as the main default.

Regarding no suffix, whatever the default is gets used for newly created files, but not for the 'take' command which I use mainly to link to (with --symlink) config files, like:

    yd take ~/.emacs

for instance.