Python doesn't catch exceptions ?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:29:06 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Ivo Bellin Salarin
<ivo.bellinsalarin at gmail.com> wrote:
> This code generates instead the messages:
> ```
> ERROR 47.135[bigquery.py.create_table:362] caught exception: HttpError,
> defined in server/libs/googleapiclient/errors.pyc. we are in
> /Users/nilleb/dev/gae-sample-project/app
> ERROR 47.135[bigquery.py.create_table:366] processed exception: HttpError,
> defined in
> /Users/nilleb/dev/gae-sample-project/app/server/libs/googleapiclient/errors.pyc.
> ERROR 47.136[bigquery.py.create_table:368] e is an HttpError? False
> ```
>
> I haven't joined the paths in the messages above, but they are identical if
> I do that manually:

The fact that the paths are two different strings to begin with
although you're using the same function to produce them suggests that
the module is being imported twice. Make sure that this directory
isn't being included more than once in your sys.path. In particular
note that Python adds the directory containing the script to the path
(or '' if interactive) and since the working directory is a parent
directory of the file in question I'd take a close look at that.