PyWin32 installer question

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 09:58:51 EST 2017

I'm fiddling around with Appveyor, trying to build a Windows installer
for SpamBayes. This is complicated by two facts:

1. I don't know squat about Windows.

2. I don't have access to a Windows command line.

Consequently, every new attempt requires a change to appveyor.yml and
a git push command. Rather slow going. My latest Appveyor build number
is 59. Most of the changes were simple fixes for syntax errors.

I got to the point where I (finally!) was able to successfully
download the appropriate pywin32 installer, but executing it just
hangs. I sort of assume it's asking os.devnull for something. Alas, I
couldn't find any sort of command line flags for the installer itself
in the pywin32 code. I've tried

pywin32.exe /h

but that just sits there (ignores that flag?) and

pywin32.exe /?

which produced some inscrutable output.

Is there some way to coax it into giving me some help and exiting?

Thanks,

Skip