plot map wit box axes

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Sun Dec 24 15:21:21 EST 2017

> On Dec 23, 2017, at 3:27 PM, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:
>
> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 3:42:58 PM UTC, jorge.... at cptec.inpe.br wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use the PYTHON and IDL. In IDL I can plot a grid map like a this
>> figure (mapa.png). Please, I would like know how can I plot my figure
>> using PYTHON with the box around the figure. Like this that I plot using
>> the IDL.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Sorry but we can't see the image as it gets stripped off this text only mailing list.  What are you using to do the plot, matplotlib or smething else?  Can you show us the code you've used or your interactive session in IDLE?

I’m 90% sure the OP really meant IDL, not IDLE.  IDL (Interactive Data Language) is a long-time competitor to MatLab, and is widely used in various parts of the scientific community.  (Don’t know if it is still true, but for years ALL the published images from the Hubble telescope had been processed through IDL.)

Bill