correctness proof for alpha-beta algorithm

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 19 18:28:13 EST 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:23 am, namenobodywants at gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 10:16:07 PM UTC-8, Terry Reedy wrote:
>
>> Where or how have you looked so far?  How formal do you want?
>
> i want full-on formal with lots of rigor and every possible detail spelled
> out; i've looked in a couple of books but my best lead so far is a paper by
> knuth called "an analysis of alpha-beta pruning" - what i need is along
> those lines but with just a few more of the details spelled out

Does this have anything specifically to do with Python programming?

If not, why are you asking here? Do you think that Python programmers are
especially well-known for their hard-core formal academic methodology?

Have you tried searching on Google Scholar?

We're pretty accepting of off-topic posts here, especially when they evolve
naturally from an on-topic post. But in future, if you're going to *start* an
off-topic thread from the first post, it would be polite to label it such
with an "[OT]" or "Off-topic" prefix to the subject line.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.