Python Learning

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 09:09:42 EST 2017

On 18/12/17 13:28, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> However, I have been doing quite a bit of hiring, quite successfully, I
> might add. I am not prejudiced one way or another. Your résumé doesn't
> count. Your education doesn't count. What you can do for the team
> counts, and that is measured during the interview process.

While I agree with most of what you say, I disagree with you here.  Your
CV (résumé) does count, just not necessarily in the way most people expect.

I haven't often been involved in hiring, but the few times I have we had
more applicants than it was feasible to interview.  We used CVs as the
only thing we had to filter with, looking for *interesting* people.
Exactly what "interesting" meant was somewhat arbitrary; we put one
person through to interview because she was a cellist, and that would
have given us a complete string quartet (she didn't get the job, sadly).

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd