Python Learning

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at Noway.net
Mon Dec 18 00:25:47 EST 2017

Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Then how are you going to explain dynamic_cast?
>>>
>> I wouldn't. I'd teach Python to beginning programmers. C++ is not a
>> good first language.
> And even for C++ programners, you can go a pretty long way without dynamic_cast.
You either know it exists, and what it can do for you, or you don't.  If
you want to teach a 2nd course in C++, and leave out vtables and
dynamic_cast, I don't have a problem with that. If you always choose the
lowest common denominator, your class may not be that interesting.  I
told my students that my goal was for them was to learn how to learn so
that they "didn't need me".