Python Learning

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at Noway.net
Mon Dec 18 00:06:56 EST 2017

Chris Angelico wrote:

> I agree with some of that, but you then take it to absurdity. You most
> certainly CAN drive a car without knowing how one works; in fact, with
> this century's cars, I think that's very much the case. How many
> people REALLY know what happens when you push the accelerator pedal,
> and how that makes the car go faster? Originally, it would actually
> open a valve and allow more fuel into the engine; now, it's all
> managed by a computer. So how much can you really understand of how it
> works?

You can understand the "systems" which comprise your car. Engine,
Cooling, braking, transmission, exhaust, etc.  And you can similarly
understand the systems which comprise the workings of your computer
program. As it happens, I've been studying electronics lately.
In answer to your question, there is an "invisible line" between
hardware and software which most people don't generally cross. As
another response to your question, try to master all of the features of
the emacs editor. Personally, I've never felt motivated enough to do so.