Repeated Names (Repeated Names)

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 09:30:20 EST 2017

>> I've emailed the administrator of bbs.geek.nz, maybe he
>> will be able to stop it.
>
> Thanks, Greg. We're actually blocking via that and related headers at
> the gateway, which is why the mailing list is no longer seeing the
> duplicates. I'm not sure any of us thought to email the news server
> admin, though!

I did; the address is fake.

Worked for me. From the URL http://news.bbs.geek.nz/

*Welcome to Agency News - a Usenet News system located in Dunedin, New
Zealand.*
*...*
*Agency News is run as a not-for-profit hobby and offers free access to
text-only Usenet News*
*...*
*Contact - newsmaster {at} news.bbs.geek.nz <http://news.bbs.geek.nz> to
obtain a username / password.*

I just sent a note to that email address. No bounce yet.

Skip