pip failed installs

Bryan Zimmer bazthelinuxguy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 00:11:08 EST 2017

Wait! Cancel my last post!

In exploring the virtual environment, I was struck by the existence of an
executable *pip *in the virtual environment's "bin" directory. So I tried
again to install BeautifulSoup, but this time I got a very different error
message. This pip couldn't find BeautifulSoup, unlike the module I had been
using. (My python3.6 installation does not include a command-line
executable pip).

So I reissued the command, this time giving it the name of the module,"bs4".

And this time, pip found and installed beautifulsoup (note the lowercasing)
into my virtual environment!

Thanks for your help.