pip failed installs

Bryan Zimmer bazthelinuxguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:27:00 EST 2017

I have had only partial success with pip. Some things seem to install OK.
But I've tried a couple of packages, specifically "BeautifulSoup" and
"WxPython", and they fail with the same message, e.g.:

*Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in
/tmp/pip-build-ku98d6jd/BeautifulSoup/*

I've gotten this error for most of the packages I have tried to install,
but I don't know what causes the error. I have successfully installed some
packages, such as html5lib, so my installation isn't totally messed up.

I am using a Slackware Linux. I have gotten this error message both on a
64-bit installation and a 32-bit installation.