Automated distribution building tools to support SpamBayes

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 14:03:11 EST 2017

SpamBayes (http://www.spambayes.org/) has languished for quite awhile,
in part because nobody is around who can put together a Windows
installer. Unfortunately, most users are on Windows and have to work
around problems caused by the march of time and consequent beefing up
of Windows security.

I don't do Windows, but I wonder... Can one of the various continuous
integration tools out there be enlisted to build Windows installers?
The SB code is written in Python, uses the Win32 extension, and is
hosted on GitHub (https://github.com/smontanaro/spambayes), so
something which plays nice with that environment would be a plus. I'm
slowly gaining familiarity at work with Bamboo (very, very slowly), so
the general idea of what CI tools can do is starting to sink in. Since
I'm a captive Atlassian customer at work, though, I don't know what
limitations I might encounter trying to use it in an open source
environment.

Any feedback appreciated. As this is only Python-related in the sense
that SpamBayes is written in Python, feel free to reply off-list.

Skip