Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Dec 15 05:34:40 EST 2017

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:48 am, Gregory Ewing wrote:

> Rhodri James wrote:
>> Even then there was RiscOS, which divorced file names from file types
>> entirely.
>
> As did classic MacOS.

Classic MacOS associated two such pieces of metadata with each file: the
creator and type. Regardless of the optional file type extension, you could
associate different creators with different files of the same type:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creator_code

> I believe MacOSX also has the ability to store a file type
> as metadata, but it doesn't seem to be used much.

They are still supported (-ish) by OS X, but have been superseded by Uniform
Type Identifiers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Type_Identifier

--
Steve