Processing Game Help

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:13:01 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> You can test for a collision and exit if an asteroid is close to a spaceship
> with
>
>     for s in spaceship:
>         for a in asteroid:
>             if calculate_distance(s, a) < 62.5:
>                 print("One of your ships was hit by an asteroid")
>                 exit()
>
> There are two loops because you want to test every asteroid for every
> spaceship (although you only have one at the moment).

Then shouldn't they be "spaceships" and "asteroids" in the plural? It
looks wrong to iterate over a singular asteroid. (And I'd prefer to
iterate over a collection of spaceships in the plural even if I know
it's a list of one, though I can understand that a list of one is a
tricky case for some people.)

ChrisA