Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double clicking on file. (Posting On Python-List Prohibited)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 22:01:03 EST 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Steve D'Aprano
<steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> Remember the context here: we're replying to a thread discussing somebody who
> is running Ubuntu with a GUI desktop environment. Of course there are *some*
> Linux systems which don't run a GUI at all, but you can't double-click on
> files on such systems, and they aren't Ubuntu, so they aren't relevant.

Been a long time since I had an Ubuntu, but is it really the case that
you can't install Ubuntu without a GUI? Anyhow, your first part is
correct: without a GUI, you can't exactly double-click on a file.

(No doubt someone's going to become even more pedantic now and point
out some way in which you can double-click something without a GUI.
Probably involving networked file systems or something. If I've
learned one thing from this list, it's that there is ALWAYS someone
more pedantic than you are.)

ChrisA