SystemError: error return without exception set

Thomas Nyberg tomuxiong at gmx.com
Thu Dec 7 11:27:48 EST 2017

On 12/07/2017 05:15 PM, Natalie Leung wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> You are correct in that the software and its packages are close-sourced. I have emailed the provider but their technical support staff has stated that they have exhausted of all ideas.
>
> An interesting thing to note is that this part of the code has been previously used by another individual with success, on the same computer.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Natalie

I would recommend a few things then.

0) See if you can access the code in the form that was previously
sucessfully run and compare. To both versions do the following steps:

1) Make sure to rip out all extraneous code. I.e. only leave lines of
code in if they absolutely need to be there. Hard-code paths, etc. Make
sure you have an absolutely minimal script.

2) Make sure the file paths really are where the code thinks they are.
Check permissions. In this case just write what the openModel string
should be in directly (removing string concatenation).

3) Look at all the strings, paths, involved and see if things make sense.

Also as an aside, look at the format of the string openModel and make
sure it's a valid Marc command. It looks like it's basically a command
in a domain specific language so that language should be documented and
you might be able to find it.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Thomas