Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double clicking on file. (Posting On Python-List Prohibited)

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 02:31:17 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 01:29:11PM +1100, Steve D'Aprano wrote:

> Actually, no, the answer to my question is very simple: Lawrence is mistaken
> about Linux not doing file associations. It does -- it is merely handled by
> the desktop environment (if there is one).

We _can_ go one level below that: mailcap is independant of
the desktop environment, it does associate file (content)
types with suitable (hopefully) applications. The one thing
it doesn't "do" that's relevant to OPs post is that it
doesn't react to clicks or taps in order to _execute_ those
associations.

Best,
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346