we want python software

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 7 00:10:19 EST 2017

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> On 12/06/2017 08:33 AM, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
>
> > I'm going to defend KM (srikrishnamohan) -- his comments were not "an attack",
>
> On 12/05/2017 08:38 PM, km wrote:
> > I dont know how these students are selected into b tech stream in India.
> > they are so dumb.
>
> On 12/05/2017 09:27 PM, km wrote:
> > You people can Google and watch movies / songs online  and you can't find
> > how to download and install python ? That's ridiculous!
>
> Really, Steve?

I'm with Ethan; “km” took what appears to be a sincere request from a
newcomer, and responded with what I'd classify as personal attacks.

That is both unnecessary for the substance of “km”'s points, and
contrary to our Code of Conduct. Let's not defend that behaviour.

--
 \     “Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone. Nothing worth |
  `\    saying will fail to make you enemies. And nothing worth saying |