we want python software

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Dec 6 17:51:52 EST 2017

Rick Johnson wrote:

>     DOLT: "Programming is easy! Once you learn the langauge,
>     it's just a matter of fill-in-the-blanks."

To be fair to this person, for someone who has a natural
aptitude for programming, it can be difficult to appreciate
how hard it is for people who don't.

When I first started programming, in my early teens, the
basic ideas all seemed very straightforward, and I had
no trouble seeing how to apply them. I unconsciously
assumed it would be the same for anyone else with a
reasonable level of intelligence.

It was a while before it became clear to me that this is
not the case at all.

--
Greg