Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double click

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Dec 5 17:35:58 EST 2017

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:58 pm, Lawrence Dâ ÖOliveiro wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 3:39:26 AM UTC+13, Rick Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like your OS file associations are all botched-up ...
>
> Linux doesnâ Öt do â £OS file associationsâ Ø.

Then how does my Linux box know that when I double-click on a text file, it
launches kwrite rather than (say) the Gimp or LibreOffice?

When I right-click on a mp4 video, I get a menu that includes a Open With
command that shows (amount others) Kaffeine, mplayer and VLC.

If you mean the Linux *kernel* doesn't do file associations, then you should
have said so.

But why do you care about the kernel? Would you think it even the *tiniest*
useful to claim that "Linux doesn't do email" because it is sendmail or postfix
 (or similar) that sends email rather than the Linux kernel itself?

--
Steve