why won't slicing lists raise IndexError?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 20:03:48 EST 2017

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:13:19 PM UTC-6, Chris Angelico wrote:

[...]

> Ahhh, I see how it is. You didn't run the code, ergo you
> don't understand it. Makes perfect sense. :)

Being that Terry didn't offer any declarations or defintions
for his variables or functions, i assumed, i suppose, like
any other rational person, that it was all just pseudo code.

But, in any event, i don't see how running the code and then
watching helplessly as a volley of NameErrors come rip-
roaring down a stdout stream like a half naked, middle-aged
drunk feller bobbing precariously along a river rapid --
hey, look out for that rock! -- is going to help shed any
light on any of this.

But i suppose it's possible i missed an esoteric joke
somewhere...