Please tell me how to execute python file in Ubuntu by double clicking on file.

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:38:51 EST 2017

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:49:11 AM UTC-6, dhananjays... at gmail.com wrote:
> I am Dhananjay Singh,Student of IIIT Manipur. Sir/Mam when
> i am double click in python program (Dhananjay.py),it is
> opening in Text Editor by Default in Ubuntu.I want to run
> this program when i double click on it as any *.Exe file
> executes as in Window. Sir please help me.

Sounds like your OS file associations are all botched-up and
the ".py" extention has been linked (either by you
purposefully, as a system default, or as the side-effect of
something else) to a texteditor program. It's easy enough to
change this setting in the OS, and i believe there is a
Python module or two for the task -- if that's your
cup-o-tea.

Granted, opening a text editor for unknown files is always a
wise default system setting as it avoids any exploits that
may be initiated by a hapless neophyte. Take, for example,
the braindead Windozes default setting for autorun, which
has been the source of many nasty exploits. I suppose that
Gates figures his user base is so dumb that they can't even
find the My Computer icon and double click it in order to
access the contents of a removable drive, CD-ROM, or
whatever STD riddled device they happen to plug in. The wise
windoze user knows that disabling autorun is paramount to
ensuring a secure experience, among other braindead
defaults.

This is not really a "python" question, and is actually
generally applicable to Operating Systems. And the solution
is specific to each platform.