If you are running 32-bit 3.6 on Windows, please test this

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:24:10 EDT 2017

In the Stack Overflow thread, rosuav wrote:
> Quick smoke-test: can you show the value of math.__file__ please? Editing your question to add that would eliminate a particular class of issue (or reveal the problem, perhaps).

(Replying here because SO requires 50 reputation to comment, and the
requirement to have sufficient reputation to do anything on that site
is the origin of the reason I don't have any reputation)

If there were a math.py file in the path, there would have to be a
sqrt function inside it, and then wouldn't the call stack reflect
that?