tkinter keypress events are a mess for numpad keys

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 29 13:16:27 EDT 2017

On 29/08/2017 06:32, Terry Reedy wrote:

> *The* documentation (for 8.6) is the tcl.tk/man doc set:
> https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.6/TkCmd/contents.htm
> For the level of detail you are looking at, they are essential.
>
> The nmt docs for 8.5 are neither complete (intentionally not) nor always correct nor
> always up to date.  The tk docs may also have errors, just as our do, but I presume one
> can file a report somewhere and possibly get a fix.

Hi Terry thanks for pointing me to that resource.
I'll have a look at https://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.6/TkCmd/keysyms.htm
but I don't have high hopes because I already tried empirically to figure out the
distinguishing attributes of the keypress event object, on various platforms (Mac OS,
Linux, Windows)...

Irmen.