requests.{get,post} timeout

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Fri Aug 25 11:47:14 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-25, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> That looks like an exception to me. Not a "process is now terminated".
> That's what happened when I pressed Ctrl-C (the IP address was
> deliberately picked as one that doesn't currently exist on my network,
> so it took time).

Ok yes, so ctrl-C is sending SIGINT which interrupts the system call
and is then caught as a Python exception, so this is very similar to
the SIGALRM idea you already suggested, in that it doesn't work with
threads, except it also relies on there being a person there to press
ctrl-C. So we still don't have any workable solution to the problem.