Reading the documentation

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:27:46 EDT 2017

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 8:52:11 AM UTC+5:30, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:47 pm, Larry Martell wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:21 PM Rustom Mody wrote:
> >
> >> Statement 1: Aeroplanes fly
> >> Statement 2: Submarines swim
> >>

> >> Are these two statements equally acceptable?
> >>
> >> [Inspired by a talk by Noam Chomsky]
> >
> > There should be a corollary of Godwin's law for that idiot.
>

> Just because you disagree with him doesn't make him an idiot.

People should be free to dislike who they like to dislike
However…
Calling Newton an idiot is ok… if you are not a physicist (flat-earther??)
Calling Turing an idiot is ok if you dont like computers (Luddite??)
Given that for most people who have gone through a (½ decent) CS education
Chomsky is in the Turing bracket, I wonder where Larry falls wrt CS