A question on modification of a list via a function invocation

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Thu Aug 24 19:15:13 EDT 2017

Steve D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> writes:
<snip everything!>

It took a while to reply, and when I got round it I could not find
anything new that seemed to be worth saying.  I think we've both stated
our positions quite well.  I don't think we will end up in agreement,
and whilst I can grumble and nit-pick as well as anyone, with the big
picture left to one side there only seem to be such details left to fuss
over.

I hope, therefore, that you will forgive me for not replying in full,
but I none the less do thank you for taking the time to talk these
points over in depth.

<snip>
--
Ben.