xlrd 1.1.0 and xlwt 1.3.0 released!

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 02:49:10 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 1.1.0 and xlwt 1.3.0. Please
consult their change logs on readthedocs.org to see what's new.

As before, I will be upfront  and say you should no longer be using
these unless libraries unless you have a particular need to work with
.xls files. If you only work with .xlsx files, and that's the only Excel
format you should look to create nowadays, then
you should be using openpyxl instead.

This is open source, so none of xlrd, xlwt or xlutils are going away,
just be aware that if you have problems, you'll likely need to be the
one to do the work, read the specs, read the code, and propose fixes.
Until someone better comes forward, I'll still be gatekeeper for merging
  pull requests along with John Machin, and I'll be looking for tests
and descriptive code changes before doing so. Stability is of utmost
importance in these now mature packages.

If you have a passion to maintain any of these libraries, please make
yourself known, and prove you're serious about it.

cheers,

Chris

               - http://www.simplistix.co.uk