A question on modification of a list via a function invocation

Fred Stluka fred at bristle.com
Tue Aug 15 15:13:25 EDT 2017

> Here is my attempt to clarify the situation with some ascii graphics.
> (Well, not ascii, but utf-8 box-drawing characters — I hope they come
> through ok.
> And, of curse, it won't display properly with a proportional font.)
Here's a VERY useful tool for understanding/explaining/drawing
such code snippets:
- http://pythontutor.com

At the "Edit code" link, you can type/paste your own Python
statements and have the tool single-step though them.  At each
step, it draws the data structures with values, links to other data
structures, etc.  A great Python visualization tool!

Enjoy!
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred at bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.