Linux/Windows GUI programming: tk or wx?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:49:06 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-05, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I went through a similar process of deciding the easiest (for me) GUI
> to go with.  I've actually ended up with PyGtk as it feels for me the
> 'least foreign' compared with doing things the CLI way.

I definitely think PyGtk feels the "most Pythonic".  It seems simpler
than wx, yet is able to handle complex applications.  The last time I
read up on it, it didn't sound like a very good option if you want
Windows compatibility.  If I hadn't cared about Windows, I definitely
would have picked PyGtk over wx.  I haven't used it in a while, and I
don't the state of gtk2 vs. gtk3 (pygobject).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I want a COLOR
                                  at               T.V. and a VIBRATING BED!!!