Linux/Windows GUI programming: tk or wx?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 4 19:45:44 EDT 2017

I have to transfer a python 2.7 CLI programm into one with a (simple) GUI.
The program must run on Linux and Windows and must be compilable with
pyinstall, because I have to ship a standalone windows.exe
Any kind of installer is not acceptable.

Reading https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/wiki/Supported-Packages
supported GUI packages are PyGTK, PyQt4, PyQt5, wxPython
I have tested tkinter by myself and it works, too.
I do not like GTK and Qt, because they are too complex.

I want to do VERY simple things and I prefer a simple GUI toolkit :-)

Is there a recommendation for using tk or wx?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/