SSL/TLS support in Pyro4

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 4 07:04:02 EDT 2017

On 04/08/2017 10:26, Robin Becker wrote:
> On 03/08/2017 19:30, Irmen de Jong wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if any current (or new) users of Pyro4 want to check this out? The biggest
>> concern I have is that I only have dummy (self-signed) certificates so I can't test it
>> with "real" certs to see if the validation works correctly.
>
> I've used self created authorities with mariadb and mongo to secure local clusters.
> Could this provide private secure certs for pyro?

Hi Robin

I am not sure how this is any benefit over the self-signed root certs that I now use?

Except for the fact that these are a root cert as well and don't use any CA trust chain.
To be able to validate this cert, I have to load it as a CA cert on the validating side.
Which isn't bad perse.

I've used openssl as mentioned here to create my certs:
https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/ssl.html#self-signed-certificates

Irmen