cgiapp versus apache & nginx+fcgiwrap

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 3 03:53:10 EDT 2017

On 02/08/2017 20:34, Glenn Linderman wrote:
> On 8/2/2017 1:13 AM, Robin Becker wrote:
>
>> we always seem to get keys in K even if it is an empty list.
>
> Can you treat None and empty list the same?
>

>> Looking at the envirnment that the cgi script sees I cannot see anything
>> obvious except the expected differences for the two frontend servers.
>
> Might be more enlightening to look at the input data stream, if the environment
> is the same.

Seems for the servicenow requests that with apache no CONTENT_TYPE is set in the
environment, but nginx+fcgiwrap has CONTENT_TYPE=''. That makes cgi.FieldStorage
behave differently as when not available it sets a default content-type of
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" which then forces a parse and creates an
empty list attribute.

I think the way forward would be to force an empty CONTENT_TYPE into the
environment if it is not already set.
--
Robin Becker