How to port a python package to a embedded system

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:40:30 EDT 2017

On 04/25/2017 07:41 PM, chenchao wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
>      I have installed the PIP on my arm board now.  But the 'numpy'
> package includes some of C codes. This part of the C code must be
> x-compiled and I don't know how to x-compiled this package. So, is there
> a good idea for this issue?

Why do you think it must be cross compiled?  It's a bit slow but
perfectly reasonable to install GCC and friends with apt-get.  Most of
these packages you are working with were not really designed to be
cross-compiled. If you cannot compile them on the board itself due to
resource constraints, you will have to use qemu and set up an Arm
environment on your PC and do the build there.  This will not be as fast
as cross-compiling, but probably would be faster than building on the
Arm device itself.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM64/QEMU

If you can't compile on your board, setting all this up is a major
undertaking.